Free Shipping within Australia. We Ship Worldwide.
Hot Matcha + Honey + Lemon drink is one of the most potent and health enhancing drinks you can reward your mind and body with – any day, every day. The combination of natural antioxidants packed Matcha, nature’s sweet gift of honey and vitamin C rich lemon juice, will sooth your throat, make you feel energized and calm – all at the same time.
- Matcha green tea powder – preferably Ceremonial Grade – 2.5gm (1/2 teaspoon)
- Hot water – 80 degrees Celsius (175 Fahrenheit) – 25 ml
- Honey – 1 teaspoon (according to taste)
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon (according to taste)
How to make
- Sift Matcha powder into a cup. Use Ceremonial Grade Organic Matcha green tea powder or non-organic but premium quality Matcha. If the Matcha is premium quality it will not have any lumps because particle size is in microns and hence there is no need to sift. You can simply put 1/2 teaspoon into a cup.
- Pour hot water (80 degree C or 175 degree F) into the cup.
- Tip: User cup with wide base, like Japanese Chawan bowls, for proper, brisk whisking in an m-shaped or zig-zag pattern.
- Whisk vigorously until there are no lumps and uniform foam or fine froth with tiny bubbles is formed.
- Tip: A Japanese style bamboo whisk, called chasen, is made with 100 small curved sticks, and gives perfect consistency. If you don’t have chasen, small kitchen whisk can be used.
- Add honey to taste
- Squeeze lemon juice to taste
- Top up with warm water
It is a soothing drink with a zing and will most certainly make you feel refreshed and re-energized.
- Use other healthy sweeteners such as rapadura sugar, stevia or maple syrup.
Relax and Enjoy!