Sweet Matcha – Ceremonial matcha tea with hint of sweetness
Sweet matcha is organic ceremonial grade matcha green tea combined with a hint of sweetness. This matcha is all natural, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives added. Sweet matcha powder has been designed, crafted and blended in Sydney, Australia with highest quality ingredients. This matcha is versatile and can be used in variety of ways, such as
- instant green tea when combined with warm water or milk to make matcha latte
- matcha and lemon therapeutic tea
- sprinkle over breakfast cereal
- use in baking, cakes, desserts, cookies, smoothies, shakes, brownies
Read why sweet matcha is a better alternative to sweetened cafe matcha drinks.
Matcha Latte Recipe
This hot and delicious matcha latte is simple and quick to make at home with Sweet Matcha. It might even make you consider replacing your normal morning latte with matcha.
- Pinnacle Matcha – Sweet Matcha green tea powder – 1 heaped teaspoon
- Hot water – 80 degrees Celsius (175 degrees Fahrenheit) – 50 ml
- Milk – frothed or steamed – 150 ml (three quarter cup)
How to make
- Sift or put matcha powder into a cup.
- Pour hot water (80 degree C or 175 degree F) into the cup.
Tip: Cup with wide base is preferred as it gives enough space for proper whisking and there is less risk of the cup tipping over. Japanese tea ceremonies use Chawan bowls to drink Matcha tea. These are wide and do not have handles. At home, any cup or glass with wide based is good to use.
- Whisk vigorously until there are no lumps and uniform foam or fine froth with tiny bubbles is formed.
- Add warm, frothed or steamed milk and serve
This café style matcha latte can be prepared in 5 mins once you have all the required ingredients and utensils. It is smooth, refreshing, healthy and rejuvenating.
- Enhance your experience with a sprinkle of this matcha powder, cocoa powder or cinnamon on top
- You can use any additional sweetener of choice like stevia, rapadura sugar, maple syrup
- If allergic to normal milk or vegan option is preferred, use Oat, Almond, or coconut milk.
Relax and Enjoy!
Matcha is highly potent in antioxidants and is known to heal the body – physically and mentally, and may even assist in curing chronic diseases. Matcha has caffeine but it does not give you jitters like coffee due to the presence of l-theanine, which has a calming effect. Make this matcha powder part of your daily healthy lifestyle and rejuvenate your mind, body and soul.
Note that organic Rapadura sugar is completely unrefined sugar (as opposed to white or even brown sugar) that is rich in iron and minerals.
If you are new to matcha, start with our frequently asked questions blog. Find out how is matcha made by reading our Tencha blog.