Our ‘matcha chai latte powder’ is a unique combination of organic ceremonial grade matcha green tea powder and organic chai spices like cinnamon, cardamom, clove, ginger and anise star, with no additives such as milk solids, flavourings, stabilisers, emulsifiers or thickeners. Hence it is much better than chai latte or matcha latte from your local cafe!
Check your typical café matcha latte powder!
Next time you buy matcha latte from your local café, we suggest that you see the box or pouch of the matcha latte powder and check out the ingredients. Chances are it contains the following things:
Matcha green tea powder – of course this will be one of the ingredients but usually less than 10% in quantity per serving. Is matcha listed as the first ingredient or after many other ingredients? Also, the matcha used in these mixes is generally not ceremonial grade matcha. It is cheaper quality matcha to reduce costs. Unless it is specifically mentioned you can assume that matcha is not ceremonial grade matcha.
Milk powder – most café mixes will contain milk solids to create latte-like consistency and creamy look and taste.
Sweeteners – Some will contain sugar while others may contain sugar substitutes like stevia or cane sugar. Sugar is generally added to balance the natural bitterness of matcha green tea.
Flavourings – Some café powders will have additional flavourings such as vanilla or caramel to enhance the flavour.
Stabilizers or Thickeners – Some will even contain corn-starch or guar gum which act as stabilizers or thickeners to prevent clumping of the powder.
Check your typical café chai latte powder!
Chai lattes are quite common hot beverages offered by most cafes nowadays. If you drink chai latte from your local café, we suggest that you look at the ingredients on the pouch of box of the powder used to make chai latte. You will most likely find the following things:
Tea: Chai latte powder typically contains black tea as base. Usually this will be in small quantity, less than 10% of the total ingredients in one serving.
Spices: Most common spices used for authentic taste of chai latte are cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, clove, and nutmeg.
Sweeteners, milk powder, flavourings and stabilizers are added, just as above, to enhance the taste and ensure consistency of the latte.
So typically, your matcha latte or chai latte from cafes contains much more than pure matcha powder or tea and spices. The actual matcha green tea or black tea and spices are much less in quantity. Almost all the other ingredients do not have any nutritional value and may even be harmful. Most cafes do not use organic ingredients. If organic ingredients are used the price of latte will be exorbitant.
Why our matcha chai latte powder is superior?
Pinnacle Matcha’s Matcha Chai Latte powder is superior quality and a healthier alternative to your typical café matcha or chai latte powders. This is what makes our matcha chai latte a much better choice:
- 100% organic – Our powder is made from 100% organic ingredients
- Ceremonial grade matcha – We use only ceremonial grade matcha powder
- No added flavourings
- No added stabilizers or thickeners
- Organic rapadura sugar is used – Rapadura sugar is a much better option than normal white or even brown sugar. Rapadura sugar is not refined and hence the naturally occurring molasses are not removed from the sugar, which makes it rich in iron, magnesium and other minerals.
- No added milk solids – we do not believe in adding milk solids to make our powder creamier. Ultimately, our aim is to provide premium quality matcha chai latte powder, which can be mixed in any type of milk to create a rich latte. Our powder is vegan and the latte can also be 100% vegan if oat, almond or soya milk is used to prepare make the latte.
Our Matcha Chai Latte mix is high quality organic combination of rejuvenating matcha green tea powder, and detoxifying and healing chai spices (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, clove, anise), with no additives such as flavours, colours, emulsifiers, stabilizers, and thickeners.
How to make luxurious matcha chai latte at home?
This is a simple way to enjoy a tasteful and satisfying spiced matcha latte at home to feel invigorated and stay healthy.
- Sift or put heaped tablespoon of this matcha powder into a cup.
- Pour warm water (80 degree C or 175 degree F) into the cup. Tip: Cup with wide base is preferred as it gives enough space for proper whisking and there is less risk of the cup tipping over.
- Whisk or mix vigorously until there are no lumps of this matcha powder and uniform mixture is formed.
- Add warm, frothed or steamed milk and serve!
- Further enhance your experience with a sprinkle of this matcha or cocoa powder
- You can use any additional sweetener of choice like stevia, rapadura sugar, maple syrup
- For vegan options, use Oat, Almond, or coconut milk. Oat milk specifically goes well with this matcha chai tea.
- Iced Matcha Chai Latte tastes equally delicious.
Use our matcha chai latte powder as topping or ingredient in variety of ways such as cookies, cakes, pan cakes, ice cream, pudding and other deserts.
Buy matcha chai latte powder now and revitalise your mind, body and soul.